Saturday, January 16, 2010

500 Days in Summer

Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel in a scene '500 Days in Summer.
Source: About.com: World or Independent film

500 Days in Summer ...

I watched this movie with CC and GW in their room at UT before i headed back home after working in lab.

As narrated, 'This is a story of boy meets girl, but you should know upfront, this is not a love story.'Nonetheless, I did have some thoughts after finish watching but I can't really recall back. Maybe this movie review should have written earlier.So what i did is, I try to google out the memorable movie quotes and somehow try to relate back. =)


Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin, and they end, with no lasting memories made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life. May 23rd was a Wednesday.
Ee Lin: It's true, at least to some extent.

Tom: People buy cards because they can't say what they feel or are afraid to. And we provide them the service that let's them off the hook.
Ee Lin: FYI, Tom works in a greeting cards company and brainstorms greeting cards quotes is one of his daily responsibilities. I like to buy and send greeting cards because I love to receive one. It's just that simple or I have difficulty in expressing myself? hmmm..not the latter one i guess.

Summer: Well, you know, i guess it's 'cause I was sitting in a deli and reading Dorian Gray and a guy comes up to me and asks me about it and...now he's my husband.
Tom: Yeah, and so?
Summer: So what if I had gone to the movies? What if I had gone somewhere else for lunch? What if I had gotten there 10 minutes later? It was- It was meant to be . And I just kept thinking ...Tom was right.
Tom: No
Summer: Yeah, I did (laugh)
Summer: I did. It's just wasn't me that you were right about.
Ee Lin: hmmm..self experienced it, and you'll know. This would be the quote that i like the most.

Summer: I woke up in the morning and i just knew.
Tom: knew what?
Summer: What i was never sure of with you.
Ee Lin: I guess humans as a species have some natural instinct to be able to lead you to the path that suits you best?

I guess that's all for this post. Go watch it, if this post has aroused your interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment